Monday, September 8, 2008

Instead of being at printmaking....

.... I am home, writing this.

No, I'm just being bitter, the class would have ended an hour and a half ago anyway. I have to look through the course list again though and figure out new possibilities because as of right now the four classes I am interested in taking are all in English which I think is kind of lame. Though since Olga is back and since she really will be home all the time now and can't go anywhere from the couch (though she has been using a rolling computer chair to navigate around the apartment), I'll be speaking a lot more conversational Russian while at home again. I got pretty lazy when it was just me and Misha and Katya and their friends because they all are either fluent or know a fair number of English words, so I spoke in a terrible, broken mixture. Now that Olga is back I'll be trying harder when speaking at home again. So that's good. But I still think it's silly to take only classes in English here.... my plan was to do one in Russian and two in English this semester and then three in Russian next semester, plus RSL. Maybe I'll just audit stuff. But now I am rambling when I should be planning what classes to sit in on this week as it is the last week that I can add classes.

Funny story though before I leave you. So Olga was asking me about how new classes are going, etc, etc, and I explained to her about the printmaking tragedy -- because I had been talking about taking this class all summer -- and I said, "Yeah, the professor has a new gallery so I guess he is busy." And she replies, "Ah. And is he traveling now?" And I say, "Why, yes. I heard he's out of the country." And she goes, "Ahhh.... and his name is Pyoter Belii?" TURNS OUT that Pyoter and Yuri -- the two professors/artists who teach the printmaking class -- are both good aquaintances of Olga, and Sveta, one of Olga's friends who comes to visit weekly, is Yuri's wife. AHHH I AM SO CLOSE TO THIS CLASS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO TAKE IT. When I told Olga about the confusion about whether or not the class was happening, she just rolled his eyes. I guess this is fairly typical. But still lame. ARRRGHHH.

Well, there is always next semester. That's why I'm here for two, right?

1 comment:

Carlotta said...

infamous sveta! I heard about their unhappy marriage from yurii, although always very off-handedly. у него несколько любовниц (с ними, познакомилась. на занятиях.) classy.