Monday, September 15, 2008

FINALLY.

I have a schedule. For real.

MONDAYS:
1pm - 2:30pm: RSL (conversation)

TUESDAYS:
11am - 12:30pm: RSL (grammar)
1pm - 4:20pm: Masterclass Seminar for Practicing Artists (in English, audit)

WEDNESDAYS:
1pm - 2:30pm: RSL (СМИ - learning about how to read newspapers, etc.)

THURSDAYS:
4:40pm - 8pm: Russian Film & Interpretation (in English, 4 credits)

FRIDAYS:
11am - 12:30pm: RSL (phonetics)
1pm - 2:30pm: RSL (reading & writing)
4:40pm - 8pm: JP's Bakhtin Class (in English, 3 credits)

SATURDAYS:
10am - 2pm: Printmaking (in Russian, 4 credits)

SUNDAYS:
Nothing, thank god.

It's not a bad schedule. It's actually pretty good, and, as Bryan said, "Having class on Thursday, Friday and Saturday will keep you out of trouble!" Ha. Thanks, Bryan. Plus I'm going to add in working for Cool! English at least on Thursdays before 4:40pm and maybe a couple other days too for a few hours, but William is in the UK for the next few weeks so I have some time to get used to things before that starts up.

So now all that has to happen is Wellesley College has to be nice and approve my classes and give me credit for nonsense. They better. I don't want to have to start a war with JTS and the OIS.

I have all this unexpected free time at the moment. I thought I was going to have video production class tonight until 6:10pm, but since I went and talked to the professor about how I can't take her course this semester, I didn't have to stay for that. So instead tonight I am going to Lauren's (Fulbright-Lauren, not UChiago-Lauren, confusing, I know) apartment (formerly Hart's apartment) and watch "Videodrome" for Jonathan's class. Also tomorrow night I thought I was going to go see Evgenii Onegin the opera, but apparently the show was canceled. So now I have all tomorrow night to myself as well, though I have to go try to get my money back from a Teatralnaya Kassa and that might be more of a pain than it is worth. So. LOTS OF FREE TIME TO GET INTO TROUBLE, BRYAN. Just kidding.

Other things....

I forgot to write about something yesterday. At the end of our time at Udelnaya when we were tired and ready to go home, Ilana, Vicky, Lauren, Maneka & I sat briefly at this bistro place outside and ate ice cream, and while this was happening we noticed a large group of men who look like they are from the Caucasus standing near a police van, waiting to have their papers checked by one Russian police officer who looked like he was on an ego trip. After every set of papers he looked at, the officer loaded each man into the back of the police van and after cramming ten to twelve men in the dark, cramped back of the van, the policeman closed the windowless back door and locked it from the outside. They then drove off.

On a more superficial and lighthearted note, I just found out that I have to wait until October 23rd to see "Pineapple Express" here. Lame.

Oh, and today was the first day I left the house without any one of my ten cameras -- not even my tiny digital guy -- in weeks and weeks and WEEKS.... and, of course, while walking back to the metro on my way home this afternoon I saw a black poodle in a turquoise jumpsuit and, godammit, Ami, he was just sitting there, basically POSING for me while his owner chatted with another poodle owner. Also lame.

So. I'll let you know how "Videodrome" is. I've been warned it's ridiculous.

1 comment:

Ami said...

i hate you. only not really that much. but it was turquoise??! in italy, no one picks up after their naked dogs.

ps, in italian, there is no word for the color teal. this country isn't for me.