1. Last night I met Ilana's dad! He's here visiting for the week and seems to be a cool guy. Ilana already took him to Fidel. Crazy.
2. Yesterday Bryan sent out an email saying that in less than a month we have to let him know where we are planning on living second semester -- staying with our families or in the dorms or renting an apartment or what. Then when I came home last night, Olga out of the blue asks me where I plan on living next semester. I asked her if Elena had called today or something because it seemed so odd that it should come up twice separately, but Olga said no, she and Misha simply had been discussing it the night before and were wondering my plans. So on the spot I made my final decision, feeling that this coincidence was a sign, and said that if they'd keep me I'd love to stay and Olga said they'd have me and it works out well that I am here the year she won't be working because of her leg because otherwise she'd probably be working too much and we'd have less time to chat in Russian and drink tea and she'd be too busy.
3. Ludmilia Petrovna quote of the week: "Girls! Dative case! I'm dying!"
4. And last, most importantly, news on the home front: poor little Gwenny has Lyme disease. I guess it takes 3 - 6 months for symptoms to show in dogs, so she probably was bitten by the tick over the summer or spring, but with all these new babies and strained backs, Mom just noticed how sick the little pup is. But now she's on medication and will be fine, I know you were all quite worried there for a moment. Send get well cards to the house in Lexington.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
charlie had lyme disease too!! it was the worst but then he got better :) so puppy gwenny will too. yayy. also my DAD got lyme disease!!! wtf. and they didn't know what it was and he had to diagnose himself.
I would never ever take my dad to dumskaya. Ilana is a brave soul.
sorry y'all. the town of my residence, apologizes. get better gwenny!
Post a Comment