Thus you hearing from me again.
So Ami had some technical difficulties and long story short is boarding an overnight train in two hours and will be arriving at 7am tomorrow morning instead. Anyhoo, still excited!!!!
But this means you get to hear amusing antidotes from my day right now instead.
1. Story about the importance of phonetics that happened while in Phonetics class: so we were talking about professors, whatever, and I was saying how my sister is a surgeon (хирург "hirurk") and Svetlana Borisovna wanted to know what kind of surgeon. I didn't know how to say "reconstructive" or "plastic" po-russki, and I forgot the word for "car accident" so I said "Well, when a person has been in a car..." (Когда человек был в машине.... "Kagda chelovek bil v mashinye...")..... BUT Svetlana Borisovna heard me say "Когда человек был мужщина..." ("Kagda chelovek bil myshinye..." which means "When a person used to be a man...." So she spent at least five solid minutes explaining to me the terms for trans-gender surgery and when I explained no, no, I meant "car" not "man" we both realized I need to ennuciate more. HA.
2. To quote a certain mother of mine, today -- MAIL CALL!
a. Well, actually, it was yesterday, but JANNA!!! I finally got your little cardboard cube of a package and it was filled with such delightful things! Scratch magic stickers?!? Growing dinosaurs?? Everyone was quite jealous.
b. Carly, today I got your hipster postcard! I love it! Especially the gold pen. It's quite fabulous.
c. Oh, and what finally came today? That's right -- my absentee ballot. Woohoo. So, I guess now I can fill it out if I want and if by some miracle it comes in time they will count that over my emegency ballot..... or maybe I'll just frame it instead.
3. Not that I don't love having class on Fridays until 8pm, but Bakhtin was CANCELED today. And it was a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful thing.
So that's it. NOW you won't hear from me.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahaha yaaaay package! now comes the real test: when will my mail from argentina arrive? i'm guessing new years-ish.
Post a Comment