And using the most difficult keyboard of my life so if there are a lot of mistakes please ignore them, I am quite tired. The heat makes me a zombie at night, I need to go to bed in the next ten minutes.
So, first off, the boat was amazing. AMAZING. We were in 2nd class "Japanese style" which meant we were in a huge, spotlessly clean blue carpeted room (no shoes allowed! slippers provided!) meant for 16 people but there were only 3 of us in the room! We had so much room to spread out Meri did yoga and I repacked my entire backpack! Yes!
The boat also included FREE breakfast and FREE laundy! It was great to do laundry for the first time in over a month now, my t-shirt smells so good right now. Actually, no. It smelled better earlier before I sweated off my weight in water today (JAPAN IS EVEN MORE HUMID AND HOT THAN SHANGHAI, WHO KNEW), but that is besides the point.
We also met the NICEST JAPANESE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD on the boat. A girl named Marina who was teaching Japanese in Uzbekastan and an elderly man with a pet toy poodle named Ellis and a 30-something year old guy who was a hippie who had studied abroad in Seattle. The niceness continud through finding our way to the train station (another old man navigated us personally, leading us there, even though he spoke no English) and buying the actual train tickets (compare to buying trans-Siberian tickets in St. Petersburg) and dinner, served in a little grandma/grandpa place where they gave us wonderful peach for dessert and complimentary soup. Ahh, the nicest people. It:s such a good BREAK after dealing with so much rudness and pushing and aggressive behavior in so many countries. People actulaly care here. People actually want to help you here. I am at much more of an ease here than I ever was in Russia. It is wonderful.
Today we walked around mostly )thus the sweating) and went through a park and two temples, one of which had a huge pond of ONLY TURTLES. A hundred at least! It was the best day. The BEST day. A pond full of my spirit animal. Wonderful. I finished a 4GB memory card taking photos of the little guys. And what a day for turtles, look at the article Ms. Janna Herman shared with me via Facebook (which I have access to again in Jpaan, woohoo! as this blog too! updating it myself!).
Anyway, it:s been past 10 minutes and I need to sleep majorly, but our plan, for those of you concerned slash tracking our progress....
TOMORROW (7/14) -- early morning train to Kyoto
night of 7/14 in Kyoto
day of 7/15 going to Nara and back
night of the 15th we'll be on a train to Tokyo
nights of 7/16 and 7/17 we:ll be in Tokyo
7/18 -- FLIGHT OUT OF JAPAN IN THE MORNNINNNG TO FURTHER ADVENTURES.
as you can see I am losing it, so, good night.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment