Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy birthday....

... to the man that I will spend 1.5 units studying next semester at Wellesley, Mr. Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov!

Today would have been his 110th birthday.




Speaking of next semester, I registered for my classes on Tuesday. It was a surreal feeling sitting on Banner, waiting for the page to load, at 3:30 in the afternoon in the Smolny computer lab, instead of at 7:30AM, still in bed, with Lee across the room from me, both of us barely functioning as we tried to get a place in the section we wanted of Bio 111. Not only that, registration was so stress-free as suddenly I am part of the senior class, the first to register, and everything I am taking is pretty much a 300-level or a Russian class, without much competition to get into..... so. Here is my schedule for the fall. It kind of blows my mind and makes me a little nervous considering the easy sort of slacker schedule I have developed this semester at Smolny.....

MONDAY
09:50 AM - 12:20 PM: ARTS 218, Intro Painting -- Harvey, Bunny
04:10 PM - 05:20 PM: RUSS 286, Vladimir Nabokov (in Eng) -- Weiner, Adam

TUESDAY
11:10 AM - 12:20 PM: RUSS 301, Advanced Russian: Moscow -- Epsteyn, Alla
04:10 PM - 05:20 PM: RUSS 386, Vladimir Nabokov (in Russ) -- Weiner, Adam

WEDNESDAY
11:10 AM - 12:20 PM: RUSS 301, Advanced Russian: Moscow -- Epsteyn, Alla
02:15 PM - 04:45 PM: ARTS 208, Photography II -- Rogers, Christine

THURSDAY
09:50 AM - 12:20 PM: ARTS 218, Intro Painting -- Harvey, Bunny
01:30 PM - 04:00 PM: ARTS 208, Photography II -- Rogers, Christine
04:10 PM - 05:20 PM: RUSS 286, Vladimir Nabokov (in Eng) -- Weiner, Adam

FRIDAY
11:10 AM - 12:20 PM: RUSS 301, Advanced Russian: Moscow -- Epsteyn, Alla

..... it's exciting though to look at these classes and know that I will learn something very every single one, and I, for a change, once again will have work assigned to me that doesn't just feel like busy work but that actually will be interesting to me. So that's something to look forward to.

Blog entry about Lithuania this weekend, I promise!

1 comment:

Melissa Weihmayer said...

EB let's keep in touch a LOT next year and coach each other through the whole transition.... sound good? and whooooooooo is the birthday guy? what did he do/write/think about? haha, i'm so clueless about russian literature.

MISS YOU! an email/letter/some form of communication other than a blog comment will be coming to you soon, i promise :-)