Saturday, April 4, 2009

An update on everyone's favorite lady.

Don't worry, just because I haven't updated in months with some of Ludmilia Petrovna's great antidotes and comments does not mean she has not ceased to exist or make me laugh every Friday from 11AM - 12:30PM. Here are some of the ones I have collected in my grammar notes from the first half of the semester:

In explaining how to create short-form adjectives:
"Just castrate the ends off those long-forms!"

In explaining how to use the verb тошнить ("to be sick"):
"Sometimes Dostoevsky makes me sick."

In explaining to use the difference between "pretty" and "smart" and how you can't be both in Russia:
"My papa would always say, 'We have a very smart daughter,' and I would say, '...and?' and Papa would say, 'That's it.'"

In explaining to use the difference between an ice cream cone and a little edible cone-like cup for ice cream:
"An ice cream cone is called an 'envelope' and whenever I ask for my ice cream in an envelope some sarcastic lady says, 'Go to a post office!' Ahh! I just want my ice cream!'"

In explaining to use what the world любовник ("lover") means:
"Well, there is a husband and a wife and then there is a third...."

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Heh, she gave us the same любовник talk.