June 14th, 2008 was my first official full day in the Russian Federation, and so today is my anniversary. Hurray. I've survived so far.
Some items of business:
1. Olga's mom's name is Людмила Евгеньевна (Ludmila Evgenivna) -- try saying that if you can't speak Russian. Or even if you can.
2. Our actor neighbor is named Илья Шакунов (Ilia Shakunov).
3. Today I finally sucked it up and learned how to use a Russian post office. It wasn't as traumatic as I feared it would be with all the windows and the old women getting their pensions.
4. I am updating photos like mad. Now up are pictures from the blockade museum on Thursday and various events in the park on Friday. I am currently working on the ones from Ludmila Evgenivna's house on Saturday and the dacha on Sunday. Also, I had to add page breaks in the album because there are SO MANY NEW PHOTOS. Enjoy. You better.
5. And, it has finally happened. My start-up disk on my computer is full. So now I am keeping all of my photos on just my external hard drive which makes me very very nervous. At least I am putting them up on the internet as I go so I will always have them in case of a fire or a flood or the end of the world.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment